Thursday, 15 September 2011

It Thursday Again! so it's time for another.............


A big furry thank you to everyone who joined in last week with Post-it easel cards after Jill's fantastic tutorial it was wonderful to see what you did with our favourite bears.


Good Morning to you all.....

Today we have a Master Colourist to give you a lesson on colouring the bears!!

What!?!? They couldn't make it?!?!?!
EH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today we have Gayle, who has very kindly stepped in to give us
a lesson on colouring her very own little bears!

Right here we go..step by step instructions AND photos...what more could you want?!?!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While this is obviously a tutorial for THIS Bea (Teddy Bea_123),
the same techniques can be used for any Bea

Print out Bo or Bea on your choice of paper
Either leave to dry or blast it with a heat gun to dry it off

Using (Pro-marker) Ivory colour from the nose up towards the hat and down each side of the hat.
Colour the underside of the arms
Colour below the dress and on the left hand side of her legs
Keep going over the same area building up the colour
Take Satin (Pro-marker) and start working from the hat DOWN towards the nose, lightly
Start to intensify the just under the rim of the hat to develop the shadow
Using Satin work from the hat into the centre of the 'face', lightly
If a hard line starts to develop use Ivory over all of the area to wet it and blend it in

When you're happy with how it's looking take the Ivory and work over ALL of the 'fur' area, arms, face, neck and legs

Keep repeating the process of emphasising the space between her nose and the top of her hat with the Satin and then blending it all through with the ivory
Sometimes I use the tip of the pen and using a stabbing action I dot all over the fur so that it doesn't look too flat
Now is a good time to use a heat gun to blast it, this should also lighten what you've just coloured
If you don't have a heat gun then leave to dry



Repeat over and over again, building the colour up lightly
Again, it's a good idea to dry off one colour before starting another one
Start to colour other areas

Keep going, adding in more and more colours
Finish all the clothing and any extra bits
Let it dry fully or blast it with a heat gun
When it's dry have a look to see if you can develop the shading any further
Remember, don't go too far!!!
This is not the only way to colour the bears, but it's how I do it with Pro-markers...how about joining in?!?!?!
Please make sure when you post your colouring sample that you pop your watermark across it...if you have any problems doing this just send me an email at support@ teddybo.com and I can do it for you!!!
Gayle xx
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So............. what are you waiting for off you go, get out your markers and get practising :c)
Play along with our Teddy Bo Top Tips and try out colouring bears just like Gayle.
Colour a Teddy Bo & Co graphic and we'll send you a FREE GRAPHIC as a thank you for joining in.



If you're really well behaved we might have another colouring tutorial for you next week but with pencils. 
Furry Hugs,
Debbie
P.S. While you're at it why not enter our DT call? All the details are here. You have until Friday 23rd September at 12 noon uk time to enter and we would love to have you join us at Teddy Bo Towers especially if you like cleaning bathrooms LOL!

P.P.S. You still have a few days to enter our Say it with Flowers challenge so why not combine them both. Don't worry we will clear out everyone else's rubbish before you take up residence at The Towers unless we can find the key to the drinks cabinet..............

5 comments:

  1. I was going to ask for a coloured pencils tutorial, you must have read my mind!!! My prisma color pncils are still in their tin and I'm dying to get them out and play but would a tutorial to help me,
    H xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sob* :( ... I can't play this week, cos I don't have any promarkers! I only use pencil crayons, so no freebie for me! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cry tears for nearly a week now. I can't enter this week, while I don't have aquamarkers/promarkers/copics. I only have Derwent Coloursoft. So please next week pencils ....

    Huggies Ria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeh....ladies, the coloured pencil tutorial is coming this Thursday!!! YEH!!! Nicole has done a great one for us...x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow love this site newbie and was sent link by Hazel Parr marion

    ReplyDelete